Avocados seem to be the ‘food trend of the moment’. You can eat it plain or you can dress it up to your own desired taste.
I happen to love avocado, regardless of what you do or don’t put on it.
Here’s a creative way to compile avocado, that’ll tempt any foodie, no matter what the taste.
The delicious Avo Toast, Poached Egg and Pico de Gallo below was created by Brittany Law at Habrica.
– Multigrain bread
– 1 avocados
– 1 tomatoes
– 1 red onion
– 1 lime
– 1 egg
– salt and pepper (to taste)
– 1 tbsp olive oil (to garnish)
1) Poach an egg
1) Slice a piece of multigrain bread (or two, if you’re on the hungry side).
2) Dice your red onion, tomato, and add to a small bowl.
3) Cut avocado in half, and remove the pit. Scoop avocado into a separate small bowl, and mash.
4) Chop 3-4 stems of cilantro leaves up fine, and add them to your bowl of mashed avocado.
5) Cut lime in half, and squeeze one half of the lime into your avo-cilantro mixture, and stir.
6) Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper to the avo-cilantro mixture.
7) Toast your slices of multigrain bread. Once they’re done, spread your avo-cilantro mixture evenly onto each slice. Then, top with diced tomato and onion. Place your poached egg on top.
8) Drizzle olive oil across your finished avocado toast creation.
*Photo above used with permission of Habrica/Brittany Law