Summer is the perfect is the perfect time of the year to enjoy bar-b-que, watermelon, fried chicken, corn on the cob, and apple pie.
It’s also the time of year when days are long, nights are hot, and watching fireflies light up the night sky is one of the many joys that shouldn’t be forgotten. Summertime home decorating styles should keep all of these things in mind, and so much more.
- Sunflowers are an excellent place to begin when it comes to summer decorating.
They make an excellent statement and immediately (for many) bring to mind sunshine and summertime. The bright yellow of these flowers is a great accent for almost any room in the house, and they’re fairly common in the silk form. This means you can enjoy the beauty of sunflowers summer after summer.
2. Baskets are also a great thing to collect for summertime decorating.
You can place some of the beautiful sunflowers in baskets throughout the house. Baskets can also be used to tame the clutter, hide the bills, and hold the utensils in the kitchen.
They’re very versatile and usable in almost any room in the house. Some people even use baskets in the bathroom to hold hand towels and/or wash clothes.
Baskets also transition well into other seasons if you change the liners, or add seasonal ribbons to the outside of the baskets.
3. If you are handy with the paint brush some excellent summer decorating ideas include painting old wooden tables and chairs white and sponging on either apples or watermelons according to your fancy.
A small round table with a couple of chairs can make an excellent (and inexpensive) addition to a sun room or breakfast nook. You could also stencil on some sunflowers, sunshine, or stick figures playing ball.
4. If you’d like to add a little ‘sizzle’ to your summer theme, the next of our 5 Cool Summertime Home Decorating Tips, is to try going for a ‘Moroccan Nights’ type theme in your home.
Mosaics, candle holders, and wall sconces, coupled with a few large pillows in rich fabrics can greatly enhance this atmosphere without breaking the budget in the process.
Candles and indirect lighting further enhance the mood, as well as incense burning in the background.
Some people prefer to focus their home decorating skills for summertime to the outside of their homes.
You can do this by creating a homey outdoor living area. Gone are the days when plastic chairs had to be enough for a bomb backyard. Today’s outdoor living area is filled with elegant and element friendly furniture that appeals to many different design styles and tastes.
5. In addition to the wonderful furnishing options for outdoor living areas, many families are choosing to incorporate outdoor fireplaces in order to make the area livable during cooler times of year than summer, as well as outdoor cooling systems that help families keep their cool while enjoying the great outdoors during summertime.
By creating an atmosphere outside your home where you can enjoy the summer you’re making the most of the space, and bringing some of the cooking outside, which often helps keep energy costs down as well. There are TONS of stores online and off, that carry awesome outdoor furniture at reasonable prices.
Summertime is a great time for home decorating, for those who are inclined to let their imaginations run wild. This is one time of year when most people can remember what it felt like to be a kid out of school. Focus on those fond memories and incorporate them into your décor.
LIKE IT? PIN IT FOR LATER!